HTML5 ads make animation and interactive elements possible within display placements.
This is great for campaigns where the objective is to engage members with a specific message.
Is HTML5 right for my campaign?
For campaigns that focus on clicks and acquisitions, we recommend static placements over HTML5 as our data shows that they're more likely to hit KPIs of this kind.
Unsure where to start? Check out our post on Designing High-performing Ads.
You can refer to this sample HTML5 creative bundle for more information on the updated (encoded) click-through URL.
Hosting with Trade Me
If you don’t normally use a third party server, then we can host the file for you. All we need is a zip file containing the compiled code and assets as per the normal publishing process. Don’t forget the clickTag!
The .ZIP file should contain the HTML file for the ad as well as any image or CSS files referenced.
We accept HTML5 ads from all major third party ad servers (DoubleClick, Facilitate, Adslot etc.) or we can host the creative for you.
So, if you already have HTML5 ads on-hand then you're probably good to go, as long as they abide by your third-party servers’ specs and are below 100kb. Just generate tags as normal and send them our way.
- File size limit is 35KB (compressed) initial load for the creative*
- 100KB for total creative size (though we recommend you keep this as small as possible increase click performance)
- Files/creative to be received 3 working days before the start of the campaign for testing and loading
- Code and assets have been tested to ensure they will serve without errors and will run as expected. You can do this with Google's HTML5 Validator
- If you have used Google Web Designer to build your HTML5 creative, be sure to select "Display & Video 360" as the environment. You can see some examples of HTML5 files in the Rich Media Gallery.
For any questions please contact: email@example.com